Friday, January 23, 2009

Geese on the Levee

[Click on the photos to enlarge them for better viewing!]




I ventured over to the levee on the Louisiana side Sunday afternoon and I am so glad I did! I don't usually shoot in the bright afternoon sun, but I may have to change that way of thinking. Driving down the levee, I didn't see anything spectacular until one time I turned around and it was unbelievable how blue the water in the borrow pits was! The sun was hitting it just right and with the wind blowing it seemed like there were scores of different shades of blue dancing across the water. Throw in some geese and you have one happy photographer! I can't say the same for the geese, for they were surely not happy to see me interrupt their afternoon paddle. The closer I got to them, the louder they honked. Then it only took one to start flying to send the whole flock into the air. 
•••
P.S. The sunrise this morning was spectacular. Saw some of the pre-show on the way into work around 6 (with the crescent moon in the sky among the wispy clouds) and I envy those who got to see it bloom across the sky full of God's Glory! I hope those clouds hang around in the morning, so I can devote my entire Saturday morning shoot to it!
•••
Friday Bonus: I am meeting so many new people through this blog! From Florida to New York and all areas in between, I have had correspondence with some of the nicest people. One of my biggest supporters is Sheila at http://thequintessentialmagpie.blogspot.com.

Go visit her; it will warm your heart!
•••
I have been reminded many times this week what a great God we have. Forget diamonds and sapphires. God's jewelry is sown across the lakes and ponds that dot this great region of ours. We're rich!

2 comments:

  1. My husband is going to love these pictures, Marty. You were truly blessed that afternoon with the way the sun danced on the water and the geese looked like they were posing for you. Magnificent, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie, these are some incredible photos! You never cease to amaze me. I showed your photos last night to a friend from Florida, and she thought they were breathtaking, particularly your ones of the park. I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite.

    Thanks for the shout out, and yes, I am a HUGE fan. :-)

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete