Monday, August 31, 2009

Foosball, anyone?

On Friday, I posted photos of the abandoned Pioneer High School and Pioneer Elementary School. Between the two schools is another building with a walkway in front of it. This foosball table is sitting under the walkway along with a pool table. The foosball table is fascinating. I can't tell how old it is, but there is Spanish writing on it and all the players look to be hand-painted. I would love to see this thing restored, but wouldn't even know where to begin.

I grew up when foosball was some kind of popular. There were no video games hardly and some folks took this game seriously. You could certainly tell the good guys from the amateurs. And, please, don't even think about spinning the players as hard as you could. That was always frowned upon when I played the game. The good guys would sit there and flick the ball back and forth between two players and before you knew it, they would flick their wrist and the ball would be in the goal. You couldn't even see it happen. Where was instant replay when you needed it? I never could do that. But I tried...dang if I didn't try.

OK, my stop along Memory Lane gets off here...





No comments:

Post a Comment