Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Earl Simmons

Whenever people want me to take them to distinctive places to take photographs, we go first to Margaret's Grocery on North Washington Street and then we will head to Earl Simmons' house in Bovina. Earl is a true folk artist. There's two parts to Earl. First, there is his artwork which is wonderful. He painted some of the artwork at the House of Blues in Orlando. I try to acquire a new piece each time I go visit him. The other part of Earl is his home. I am not going to show you a whole picture of the home because a photo does not do it justice. It's something you have to see for yourself. But here are a few photos of some of the features of the home. Earl continually builds on the home and he has a plan for the entire structure. It's amazing to see and even better to hear him talk about it. If you want to go, give me a call and I will take you. It's an experience you should not miss. You need to meet Earl. He's one of a kind.






1 comment:

  1. seeing this place was truly a life-changing experience. I bought one of his infamous jukebox paintings when I was there. This is something that needs to be remembered, hanging with Earl is literally worth the trip down there.

    ReplyDelete