Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sunset at the bridges







I was so blessed to be able to see the sun set on June 29 at the Mississippi River Overlook next to the Welcome Center. The sun is setting right behind the bridges at this time of the year and offering spectacular photographic opportunities. And even if you don't take photos, the view itself is worth seeing. The cloud formations always make for a great sunset, but I have never seen a bad sunset! God makes them all a wonderful experience! Life getting you down? Feeling overwhelmed? Go watch a sunset. And know that the creator of that glorious sight is watching out for you each day...every day.....today....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing another beautiful sunset with us Marty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*...I just love your sunset pictures at the bridges. I went out too late this year (mid-July) and the sun was no longer behind the bridges. I so wanted one of the flag with the sun directly behind it. I will just have to live vicariously through yours until next year. :)

    ReplyDelete