Friday, May 8, 2009

Random shots




Here are some random shots I have taken over the last couple of weeks.
• The little white church is up near Eagle Lake right before you get on the levee heading to Lake Chotard. I love the windows.
• My friend, Janie, over at http://southernlagniappe.blogspot.com loves to take photos of cows she sees every once in a while and I took this photo for her. They were on the levee near Steele Bayou.
• The Dixon's sign is on the side of a building in Edwards, Miss. It was painted for the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" starring George Clooney. 
• The bell and steeple are at Champion Hill M.B. Church near Bolton. The land was the former homestead for the Champion family. The area is famous for being the location of the Battle of Champion Hill. Lots of events are happening on the 146th anniversary of the battle on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cow picture, Marty ... I love it! The other photos are great, too, especially the angle from which you captured the church bell.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Sincerely,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete