Friday, May 1, 2009

Alligators at Lake St. Joseph





One of my favorite lakes to photograph is Lake St. Joseph in Newellton, La. I meandered there in the last few days and found some old friends waiting for me. These alligators were spotted in front of Winter Quarters, a historic home located on the bank of the picturesque lake. I've spotted alligators there each time I have ever visited. Alligators are usually shy creatures, not wanting to appear in many of my photos. But the fella at top had not a care in the world and let me shoot photos of him to my heart was content. Now that is the way to relax!

1 comment:

  1. lol...love the gator shots. The ones I take look more like the second to the last one, rather than the top photo. I suppose I need to go out to St. Joe. I can't believe you were able to get such a great shot of the one on top. Everytime I get near, they jump into the water, no matter how quiet I try to be. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete