Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Claiborne County creek





The water was mighty muddy in this creek, one that I have yet to find the name of. It might possibly be the Big Sand Creek. However, the pretty little waterfall located upstream of the big waterfall made me forget all about that. It was such a beautiful setting. With the recent rains, the surrounding landscape was lush in greenery. It's hard to describe how pretty it all really is.  The water running over the little waterfall was pure and clear. And the sound, oh how wonderful!

The bottom picture is one I took while standing on top of the large fall. All these photos are made compliments of my snake boots, which are waterproof and let me venture into water and brush and stuff along creekbanks. I wouldn't take half the photos I do if not for them.

I will be returning to this spot later on, when the water in the entire creek is clear. There won't be much water going over the falls. But I still think it will be spectacular! 

If any of you have been wanting to get out and shoot some photos, let me know and you can go with me next time I go! It will be early in the morning, for that is the time I like to shoot best.

Stay tuned for Wednesday. I venture down Old Port Gibson Road and then on to Rocky Springs. Took some neat pictures all along the way! Hey, thanks for visiting. And don't forget to pass this blog along to others!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of them, Marty ... The first two with the lush greenery are my favorites. I can't wait to see it when the water is clear.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marty,
    Dan and I just looked at today's photos-
    (3-31) I love the crystal clear waterfalls- they remind me of home in Colorado. You are so amazing and we love your work.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Mary and Dan

    ReplyDelete