Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mint Springs





Mint Springs was beautiful this weekend. Lots of water was pouring over the fall and the sound was incredible. Usually, just a trickle can be seen — and heard. Lots of greenery is springing (no pun intended) up around the springs, so it is good to see the area come to life after being dormant all winter. Long, thin green reeds abound in the area around the springs and two of the reeds can be seen as they begin their journey upwards in spirals. 

Notice how the water looks in the third photo. I slowed my shutter speed down quite a bit to get the smooth effect of the water, as compared to how it looks in the other photos. I was laying down on a rock in the creek, holding my camera underneath the tree that has fallen, so I didn't know if I would get the shot or not. I did!

A neat experience is to get down near the falls and feel the mist as it hits your face. Soothing. Real soothing. There's just something about a waterfall...

No comments:

Post a Comment