Monday, March 2, 2009

Capitol Street in sepia: 1 of 2





I love how these photos appear in sepia tones. (That top photo is a keeper!) The nostalgicness of what that area used to be like is more easily visible in my head in these photos. I never visited this part of Jackson when it was a vibrant part of the city. But I can imagine what it used to be. I've already heard a couple of stories from people who remember the street in its heyday. Quite a place. One that is missed by all. When was the last time you went into a store and they knew your name? Have to think about it, I imagine.
•••
 Like I mentioned in a previous post, take a look at the fourth picture of the Cohen Bros. store. See the horizontal Cohen Bros. wording? A week after I shot this photo in January, about half that sign had disappeared. The Cohen part is now completely gone. I guess that is how it happens. Just a piece at a time disappears and before you know it, it's all gone. Then it's too late.
•••
And here is the sepia version of the tall building that is also available in black and white and color in posts below. Compare the three and let me know which one hits you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment