Monday, March 16, 2009

Dogwoods





What a glorious weekend this was! I love when it rains for it makes some photos just pop with color! Such is the case with these dogwoods taken at the Belle of the Bends early Saturday morning. I especially like the last photo with water droplets hanging off the flowers.

The dogwoods are gorgeous now. I will post some later this week of two of my favorite trees in the area, the pink dogwood on Washington Street and the old dogwood tree in the Vicksburg National Cemetery. I took photos of them on Saturday and Sunday. I also went to Mint Springs again and am glad I did. It had a lot of water flowing over the fall and that's always a sight to see.  You'll see them all later this week, so please come back and, as always, keep telling others about this site! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Marty ... I love dogwood trees and plan to get out today or tomorrow to take pictures of some. Your photos are breathtaking, as usual.

    Yesterday, I actually thought about all that water flowing over the falls at Mint Springs, and wanted to go, but we had company.

    I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty, Mama and I are in the Grenada Library this afternoon. I came to show her Felder's website and we visited your blog! Hope you are having a good week. Sheila and Mama

    ReplyDelete