Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sunset in the Military Park


I have been spending some time in the late afternoon in the Vicksburg National Military Park watching the sun go down. My good friend and photographer extraordinaire Sam Andrews inspired me when he sent me a picture he took the other day at the Naval Monument that was excellent! I tried to go and duplicate his photo, but I could not. The photo above is not quite exactly the angle he got, but I am still pleased with the result. I have got to get Sam to start his own blog so you, too, can see this young man's amazing work. Some of this photos have appeared on the Sunday classified cover of The Vicksburg Post. He has an amazing eye for photography. He's not yet 15...

Gen. Steele
(near the Cairo exhibit)

Wisconsin Monument

Michigan Monument at Battery De Golyer

Col. Hickenlooper
(near the Illinois Memorial)

Cannon near the Louisiana Monument and Illinois Memorial

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a nice compliment! I could not have taken it without the lense. It might be a good idea for me to start a blog in a few months, just to display a few of my favorites. I liked the angle you shot it from as much as I did mine. Thanks Again,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete