Friday, June 19, 2009

The Rocking Chairs of Port Gibson











Two rocking chairs on the porch of the Commander's Home at Chamberlain-Hunt Academy caught my eye on a trip to Port Gibson this past weekend. That got me thinking about other chairs and porches that might be around the city. There are some pretty porches in Port Gibson and most of them sport come might comfortable-looking rocking chairs. This is pure Southern charm at its best.

For any Port Gibson readers (if I have any), all these photos were taken on Church Street except for two. Can you figure out which two?

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post, Marty. My favorites are photos #9 and #10. Are they the ones that aren't on Church Street?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southern charm indeed!! I lived on Church Street years ago and you are so right about the porches. Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to visit church street one day! (And the other place you took the 2 mystery photos!) Gorgeous. Makes you realize new isn't always better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete