Friday, April 10, 2009

Update on the Sprague





I've had a lot of comments and emails relating to my recent post about the Sprague, so I thought I would drop by the remains of the steamboat this weekend to record how another year has taken its toll on what is left of the historic vessel. The top three photos show the sternwheel, smokestacks and a boiler from the Sprague. The other two photos are miscellaneous hardware that is lying about. More rust is quite evident. A few more weeks and most of the remains will be hidden under the weeds and brush for the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad. I remember going on a date on the Sprague to an evening meal with my soon-to-be husband back in the early 60's and was glad I brought the menu home as a souvenir. I have it in a double frame so you can see the front and back of it.

    ReplyDelete