Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Staring Contest


Ever have a staring contest with a squirrel before? Me and this little fella had one Saturday morning as I was rambling through the Vicksburg National Cemetery. I first spotted him sitting on top of a tombstone and did my best to get close enough to photograph the scene, but the squirrel would have none of that and scampered up the nearest tree. I spotted him about 20 feet up the tree, however, and he was just as curious about me as I was about him! So we stared each other down. It was a classic battle that should be written in the history books. And, dang it, the squirrel won!

What a beautiful creature! Another example of God's Glory, isn't it? What a blessing it was to spend some time watching him scamper through the tree. Some might say this is just an average picture, not too exciting. But sometime photos are more than photos. They are glimpses of the beauty that surrounds us in the simple things. Next time you are outside and come across a squirrel, have yourself a staring contest! You'll probably lose, but you'll walk away with the biggest grin on your face!

1 comment:

  1. Marty, I'm not used to seeing squirrels with that much red on them. That's neat.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete