Friday, April 17, 2009

Red Lick Road in Claiborne County




To get from Barland Road, where the Little Bayou Pierre waterfall is, to Red Lick Road requires a step in faith. My route took me down Violet Road, which has to be the thinnest and curviest gravel road in the world. Man!


The top photo is of the Crossroads Masonic Lodge along Red Lick Road. It doesn't look like it has been occupied in quite a while. The steps leading up to the door were pretty shaky. I sure wish I could have gone in!

I surely wasn't expecting to see the next photo...a big ol' yellow bus at a place called Muhammad's University of the New Islam. I am kicking myself now for not getting a picture of their new bus, one of the fanciest rigs I have seen in quite a while. I have never heard of this place. 

The last two photos are of a rare two-seater outhouse located behind an old church now occupied by the Love and Deliverance Healing Christian Center. I just had to show you the custom, hand-carved seat in one! Ha! Mother Nature is claiming this little building... and not a moment too soon!

What a way to end the week! Y'all come back now, ya hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment