Monday, February 9, 2009

A layer of glass...



One of the hidden jewels of Yazoo County is Dump Lake, just past the Warren County line on Hwy. 3. Turn on Dixie Farm Road and you'll soon arrive at the lake. The lake should be called Stump Lake for the number of stumps spread across the body of water. These photos were taken a couple of weekends ago before sunrise. It's hard to get perfectly still water around here, but this day the lake was like glass — casting perfect reflections into the water. I took these photos before I went and shot the photos of the geese that appeared last week. I am so thankful for the experience. The stillness of the morning, the crispness of the air, the honks of geese being heard in the distance, the ever-changing colors of the skyline made it very special. God's Glory in its finest. Photos like this is what I live for....

3 comments:

  1. My stepdad took me hand grabbing at "Stump" lake as a boy. He never shared with me about the turtles that could have grabbed me! Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty, those are truly glorious photos. I wish we could rename "Dump Lake" and call it something more worthy of its beauty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete