Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gingkos in the park

OK, OK, I hear ya out there...no, not more gingkos! Too bad, it's my blog and this sight is one I anticipate seeing each year. So for the next few days I am going to be featuring this year's batch of gingko photos of the five magnificent trees in the Vicksburg National Cemetery. I think this is one of the prettiest events in Vicksburg and I wish everyone could see it in person. Little bitty ol' pictures just do not do these trees justice.










2 comments:

  1. And your warriors will fight and die with honor; they will be buried with their gallant comrades near a city of Peace.

    Mighty trees, whose blaze will mark the hallowed ground, will grow to shade the resting place, and once each year, they will shower the fallen Heroes with leaves of gold, to match their valiant deeds . . .

    ReplyDelete