Monday, April 6, 2009

Rambling





Here are some shots I took this weekend while rambling through the Vicksburg National Military Park and along some railroad tracks that run along Washington Street.

I have to tell you this: I have taken some pretty photos in my time, but nothing can compare to the beauty God created in one little bluebird. I love the simplicity of these shots and the vividness of the feathers of the bird as he sat upon the wheel of a cannon in the park. I will take a bunch more photos in my time on this earth, but I will never come across something that is more beautiful than this little fellow. What a sight!

I love the photos of the banged-up buckets holding railroad spikes that I stumbled across. And the Illinois Memorial was beautiful in the morning light. The golden glow of the eagle atop the memorial really made the bottom photo, too.

2 comments:

  1. Marty, I mentioned to my mother this past weekend that I would like to try photographing birds, and she said the most beautiful bird you could photograph is the bluebird. You have certain proven that with your photos ... he's truly magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bluebird is amazing. I will never forget seeing a migration of bluebirds with my mother one time. We were driving down a country road to go visit my grandparents, and a flock of them flew by! It nearly took my breath away, but to see one up close like this and perched where he is perched is extra special. It's as if he is celebrating the fact that the War is over.

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete