Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Farish Street in Jackson

I took my photo buddy Robert Walker over for a tour of Jackson early Saturday morning. We started on Farish Street. The street is right across from the recently renovated King Edward Hotel. I  hope that renovation continues down Farish Street in the future. That's been talked about for years, however, but not much has happened so far. The building featured at top is right near the King Edward and I just love these shots. Trying to figure out a symbolism angle for the kudzu growing through the windows, but I haven't quite got it yet. Peaches Cafe had just opened for business for the day while we were down there and the Open sign was just a-flashing. And the Alamo is an iconic Jackson location and must be saved! Some folks at one time or the other tried to beautify the empty buildings along the street with murals, such as the one you see in the photos at top. I'll show some more of those next.

No comments:

Post a Comment