Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Margaret's Grocery: Part 2





If you think the outside of Margaret's Grocery is decorated, you should visit inside! The bottom three photos were taken during a visit last year and the top two photos were taken Saturday. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

The details in this place are amazing. Every inch of the ceiling and every bit of wall space is covered in wonderful colors. The originality of each unique piece is absolutely marvelous. I love how Rev. Dennis takes mundane little objects and turns them into artwork. Remember the AOL disks you used to get in the mail? Threw yours away, didn't you! Come explore Margaret's Grocery to see how Rev. Dennis incorporated the ones sent to him into his artwork. Margaret's Grocery is one of the places where most people just see the "forest" and never take the time to look at the "trees"! Click on each photo above to see the "trees!"

I would be remiss in not mentioning Margaret. I have never met a woman with a kinder and gentler spirit and beautiful smile as this lady. She is a delight to talk to and is quick with a laugh. I have enjoyed the times I have spoken with her, the few that they are. This couple is a true Vicksburg icon and I am glad to know them and so appreciate them for who they are.

1 comment:

  1. Marty, what a sweet tribute to Rev. Dennis and Margaret. Their collection of memorabilia is truly amazing, and I'm sure there is a story behind each and every one of their treasures.

    I hope to go visit the store sometime.

    ReplyDelete