Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bethel Church

One of the favorite churches I love to visit and spend time in is not some of the big fancy ones around here with ornate interiors and intricate window scenes. Instead, it's Bethel Presbyterian Church in Claiborne County. It's completely unadorned, but oh the peace that can be found in its simplicity. You can find other posts about this church in the archives, but we passed by it the other day and I am compelled to stop each time just to spend a few minutes in its solitude. My friend Robert Walker was with me, and as the Bible says about where two or three are gathered, there He is also. It's true. We could feel his presence around us. Like a warm blanket on a cold morning, you could feel His love envelop us. How can I describe the feeling? Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment