Monday, May 10, 2010

Double-barrel shotgun house

My good friends Robert Walker and Jerry Rushing and I ventured into the Mississippi Delta this past Saturday and had a very productive photo-shooting safari. Above is a rarity I don't stumble across very often, hence the rarity — a double-barrel shotgun house. The two sides of the house are exact duplicates and if you shot a gun through either front door it would go straight out a back door. This structure is located in the middle of a corn field along with several other farm buildings, which you will see at some point in the near future.
It was a great day to be with friends out wandering across this great state of ours. That alone was worth going. I appreciate Robert's and Jerry's friendship and if we stumble across some good photos, then that is what my blogging friend Janie would call lagniappe! You can go to Janie's and Robert's photography blogs through the links on the right. It would be well worth it, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. That is, indeed, a rare sight, Marty ... and you captured its character and beauty perfectly. I would love to know the story of the families who lived in that old house through the years. If only its walls could talk.

    You always manage to find lagniappe wherever you go, and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

    Thank you, too, for mentioning Southern Lagniappe in your post. I'm going to go visit Robert's blog now.

    ReplyDelete