Thursday, April 5, 2012

Walkabout in downtown Vicksburg

 I, along with 7 other people, took a photo walkabout through downtown Vicksburg the other day as part of the Hobbs Freeman Arts Festival, through the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation. How appropriate that I found Hobbs' name down on a wall at the SCHF where sponsors and patrons were allowed to paint their names.



 Above and below are photos of a home in Vicksburg that is so beautiful, but is slowly decaying. It is of Italianate design and could be a showpiece for the city if someone could bring her back to life. It is on Crawford Street.


 The photo above is a photo of the sun shining directly behind the cross of Holy Trinity. The little point-and-shoot I was photographing with couldn't capture the cross completely. But I like the analogy of the sun (Son) obliterating the cross for me and my sins. So the more I look at this photo, the more it means to me. As always, click on the photos to enlarge them for a better viewing experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment