Thursday, April 12, 2012

A trip to New York City: Part 3

 My first walkabout in New York City was a wonderful surprise! My biggest thrill was riding through those great canyons of buildings and then, lo and behold, we come across a beautiful church surrounded by old graves. It was Trinity Church, which is right across the street from Wall Street. I got off and wandered among the graves, the oldest I have ever encountered. One pictured here is of a person who was born in 1660 and died before our country was even born. Alexander Hamilton is buried here as well as a few other famous people, if you care to google it. I walked down Wall Street for a bit to see if anyone was handing out money samples, but no luck. I am just glad to get off the street with my wallet intact!

As always, this is a much more enjoyable photo journey if you click on each photo to enlarge it.






































No comments:

Post a Comment