Monday, November 23, 2009

Windsor Ruins

My photo buddy, Robert Walker, and I ventured down to Windsor Ruins this Saturday. It was overcast and gloomy, but the photo opportunities were bright! I have shot photos at Windsor Ruins numerous times and you can see the results at www.martykittrell.com. This time I shot what I call tighter photos of the ruins, concentrating on views around corners and up close photos. I love finding new angles and hit the jackpot on this day. What a glorious place this is, a true Mississippi treasure. I will show you some more photos of Windsor tomorrow and then tag along with Robert and me as we head to Church Hill, Mississippi, and along some other Mississippi backroads. It's going to be a great week!








2 comments:

  1. I loved visitng the Windsor Ruins. But it's such a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty,
    If the church in Church Hill is the little church in the curve, across the street from the Church Hill Post Office, it was used in the filming of the North and the South...when the main characters graduated from the military academy. I believe there is a scene of the inside of the church during the ceremony and then you see the two main characters coming down the walk way in front after the ceremony. I have a friend that owns a home around the corner that you might enjoy photographing. Jimmy Boyd

    ReplyDelete