Monday, November 29, 2010

Gingko diamonds and more...

















I never walk into the Vicksburg National Cemetery without remembering that I am walking on hallowed ground. It is only fitting that the Lord has placed several gingko trees in this cemetery to once a year drape many of the graves with a bed of golden leaves. It is a humbling sight, one I hunger for each year. There are four large gingko trees in the park and the leaves of one has already turned and started to fall. My friends, Robert Walker and Jerry Rushing, visited the cemetery with me this past weekend and here are a few photos I took of the gingkos and a few other finds. I discovered a whole new world by looking down while there and seeing the dewdrop diamonds that clung to the fallen leaves. It was a glorious sight. Presented here are those gingko diamonds and some other photos from this weekend. I hope you enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marty. This was a glorious sight to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove through Vicksburg this past week on our way to Texas and I remarked when passing the cemetery that you posted a lot of pictures from there, and that one of these days, I was going to have to stop and see it for myself. Randy recalled going there as a young boy with his parents.

    These are all beautiful, but I especially love the one of the drops clinging to what appears to be spider threads.

    ReplyDelete